A waterfront blog about Red Hook, Brooklyn. From Columbia Street to the Van Brunt Stores and from Valentino Pier to Red Hook Rec Center.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Williamsburg, Shmilliamsburg

From an article in yesterday's NY Times lamenting the intrusion of market forces into Williamsburg:


"...she was awakened by the sound of cars burning in the street outside; she said thieves would bring the cares there, strip them, and set them afire to dispose of them."


Hey! I've only been in Red Hook for a year and a half or so and I remember this happening here. Maybe 'cause the last time it happened was a couple of months ago!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pawel said...

Does anyone know what the latest word is on Imlay?

Here's the most recent thing I've read:

http://www.nysun.com/article/30918

Mon Apr 17, 05:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Newkirkistanian said...

No, I haven't heard, or been able to find any news in quite a while. I can say that the developer has fixed up the screen scaffolding shroud, so its not completely abandoned.

Go figure.

Wed Apr 26, 03:27:00 PM

 
Blogger mandyfisher1376696861 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sat May 06, 11:36:00 AM

 
Blogger AZ said...

Wouter Van Twiller

Nice post here. I live in Red Hook and actually I think a truck caught on fire (or got bombed) outside my apartment two nights ago. Maybe its just how they do fireworks in the projects. I didn't see it, but I don't know how the hell this blackened vehicle ended up outside my window in front of my apartment entrance.

My Red Hook blog: www.dreamix.tv/dailyhook

Thu Jul 06, 05:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home