A waterfront blog about Red Hook, Brooklyn. From Columbia Street to the Van Brunt Stores and from Valentino Pier to Red Hook Rec Center.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Long Lost Redhooky

This isn't a re-start of Redhooky, but since 160 Imlay came up on Curbed today I thought I'd throw out an update.

The brief recap... or the story so far:

Initially the 160 Imlay's developer applied for a variance on the industrial / manufacturing zoning. The Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA) approved the variance. The Red Hook Gowanus Chamber of Commerce (RHGCC) sued the BSA for making an impropoper variance. The case languished for a while and until the BSA motioned to have the thing dismissed because the RHGCC didn't list Imaly (the building's owners) as a party to the suit. The Supreme Court denied the motion, but the Appellate Court granted it, dismissing the case. The RHGCC appealed the dismissal, and that's where we've been for awhile.

So... On Oct. 25, the State of NY court of appeals reversed the dismissal. I won't go into why... you can read it yourself at:

2 No. 168
In the Matter of Red Hook/
Gowanus Chamber of Commerce,
Appellant,
v.
New York City Board of Standards
and Appeals, et al.,
Respondents.


So there it sits for another winter, watched by a couple of tough German Shepherds and an abandoned, or, more likely, stolen Mercedes.

In more interesting, or at least better news, the Fifth Avenue Committee has moved forward on Red Hook Homes, a mixed income project that will provide about 60 owner occupied units. The project is centered around the construction site on Wolcott between Van Brunt and Richards, across from Daly School and around the corner from Hope and Anchor.

So despite this not being a restart of Redhooky, maybe I'll renew the postings. As long as I stick to just posting info and not trying to write my take on things it may not be a problem. Truth is I don't really have the time to put into it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wouter Van Twiller,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell quality assurance highway construction. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
quality assurance highway construction. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like quality assurance highway construction on interest free credit and you can pay for your quality assurance highway construction whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: quality assurance highway construction.

Sun Nov 20, 03:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wouter Van Twiller,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell road construction safety equipment. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
road construction safety equipment. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and you can pay for your road construction safety equipment whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: road construction safety equipment.

Sun Nov 20, 08:26:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wouter Van Twiller,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell highway construction project. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
highway construction project. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like highway construction project on interest free credit and you can pay for your highway construction project whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: highway construction project.

Mon Nov 21, 06:48:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home