A waterfront blog about Red Hook, Brooklyn. From Columbia Street to the Van Brunt Stores and from Valentino Pier to Red Hook Rec Center.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Request a Traffic Signal on Van Brunt Street

Q: How Can I Request a New Traffic Signal?
A: You can request the installation of a traffic signal by writing to the Department of Transportation's Signal Engineering Intersection Control Unit at 34-02 Queens Boulevard, Long Island City NY 11101.

Do it today. Send a letter to the Department of Transportation. Send a copy to Congresswoman Nydia M. Velázquez's Brooklyn Office, 268 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11211. Send another copy to City Council Representative Sarah Gonzalez, 4808 Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn 11220.


Blogger Amy said...

Which intersection?

Mon Feb 07, 02:37:00 PM

Blogger Newkirkistanian said...

I'd say to ask them to do a traffic calming assesment and put in some lights where they see fit. The idea is just to slow down some of the big truck traffic.

Mon Feb 07, 03:15:00 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A traffic signal doesn't slow down big truck traffic, a stop sign does. The signal will mostly be green on van brunt, so you have to come up with other reasons. I don't think it's necessary anyways.

Tue Mar 01, 02:00:00 PM

Blogger Amy said...

Where have you gone redhooky?

Fri Apr 08, 11:03:00 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

Sat Oct 29, 02:51:00 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am about to show you a way that you can generate thousands of keyword targeted links back to your web site starting today!

Sat Oct 29, 02:54:00 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've Made My First Affiliate Commission!

See How I Did It Here - It's Quick And Easy!

product development

Sun Nov 06, 11:47:00 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home